OSM CLASSICAL FLIGHT
BENEFIT CONCERT – WHEN MUSIC HITS THE SKY!
YUL Montreal-Trudeau International Airport
5 juin 2021
Time: 7 p.m.
After its huge success and the interest generated by the OSM Classical Flight benefit concert in August 2020, the OSM repeats the exploit with a second edition in 2021 in complete safety in the comfort of your vehicle. Entertainment, reconnecting with the arts and enjoying a collective experience are more important than ever after a long period of confinement*.
A stunning meeting of two worlds
Though they work in very different fields, conductor Dina Gilbert and freestyle skier Mikaël Kingsbury both have mountains to tackle with rigour, discipline, concentration, passion and self-confidence. Dina and Mikaël each share a bit of their lives in this entertaining and memorable evening of works by Mozart, Brahms, Kodály and Dvořák. The spectacular musical event When Music Hits the Sky propels us to the universe of two gifted athletes in the OSM’s company.
Hurry, places are limited to 400 vehicles.
- entertainment and prizes onsite before the concert
- Food truck Baluchon Café pâtisserie
- stage is visible from all parking locations
- giant screens guarantee your unobstructed view of the stage
- best sound quality assured by FM broadcasting (tune in directly from your car radio)
- sanitary facilities strictly comply with public health standards
Our promise: an unforgettable experience where music hits the sky!
Orchestre symphonique de Montréal
Dina Gilbert, conductor
Mikaël Kingsbury, animator
Timothy Chooi, violin (2010 OSM Competition laureate)
Maxime Goulet, Citius, Altius, Fortius! (3 min.)
Mozart, The Marriage of Figaro, Overture (5 min.)
Dinuk Wijeratne, Two Pop Songs on Antique Poems: I. “A letter from the After-life” (6 min.)
Sibelius, Violin Concerto in D minor, op. 47, mvt. I: Allegro moderato (17 min.)
Kodály, Dances of Galánta (16 min.)
Brahms, Symphony no. 3 in F major, op. 90 : III. Poco allegretto (6 min.)
Dvořák, Symphony no. 9 in E minor, B. 178, « From the New World » : IV. Allegro con fuoco (12 min)
(Total duration: about 70 mim)
The package includes:
– Access to the best spots of the venue
– Priority exit from the site
– Gift Basket
The package includes:
– Prime spots
– Gift Basket
– View of the stage and the giant screens
– Partial tax receipt
All sales are final. No refunds on ticket.
Why support the OSM?
By participating in the OSM Classical Flight, you are supporting the Orchestra as it strives to pursue its mission of accessibility and education. Even more importantly, in these health crisis times, your donation provides an opportunity for the OSM to renew itself and develop initiatives that will maintain its crucial connection with the community.
*All Public Health recommendations will be respected and implemented.
How to get there
The concert happening on the Aéroport Montréal Trudeau grounds, it is fair to expect planes taking off and landing even if it happens in a more quiet period of the day. Technology allows us to minimize FM transmission of that noise but it is possible that you still hear it punctually.
Your arrival time will be communicated via email a few days before the concert.
Only 4-wheeled vehicles are permitted on the site.
People in the same vehicle must come from the same household.
There is no maximum number of people per vehicle.
Regarding the Parking:
Spectators will have to follow the instructions for parking their vehicles, while respecting the 2-metre distance from each other.
SUVs will be placed according to their size to avoid obstructing the view of spectators aboard smaller vehicles.
First come, first served. You are guaranteed a spot in the area you purchased.
It is not possible to reserve a place.
Recreational vehicles and transport trucks are prohibited.
Vehicles with a storage box on their roof are considered as trucks.
It is forbidden to consume alcohol or drugs.
Headlights must be turned off at all times.
If you must leave the site, you will not be allowed to return to your original location.
It is forbidden to film the show.
Questions and Answers
1. Can I get a refund for my ticket?
2. How do I hear the concert?
3. Can I choose my location?
4. At what time may I arrive at the site to take my place?
5. Can I come by bike or on foot?
6. Can I bring a chair to listen to the concert outside my vehicle?
7. Is there a maximum number of people in the same car?
8. Can I bring my own food?
9. Can I bring my pet?
10. Will there be washrooms on site?
11. Will the concert take place if it rains?
12. At what time should we arrive on the site?
13. What happens to spectators arriving after the concert has begun?
14. What portion of the donation will be included in the ticket price?
Business Class package $250 – tax receipt of $150
Economy Class package – tax receipt of $50