STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following conditions apply to all concert ticket purchases made through Orchestre symphonique de Montréal Customer Service or the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal website.
- All sales are final. No refunds on ticket, subscription, or gift certificate purchases made online, by telephone, or in person.
- For all ticket purchases, a non-refundable service fee is included in the ticket price and is calculated as follows:
- $12 per ticket on regular, subscriber, group and promotional rates
- $5 per ticket on child, student and 34 and under rates
- $4 per ticket on the Classical Spree concerts
- Subject to change on co-productions, guest productions and benefit events.
- In the event a concert ticket is lost or forgotten, Customer Service may issue a duplicate ticket after carrying out the necessary verifications. Fees may apply for certain delivery methods.
- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. All orders are conditional on credit card approval and billing address verification.
- Ticket prices may change at any time between the start of ticket sales and the concert, depending on the program and the seat location in the hall.
- All promotions advertised by the OSM are of limited duration and cannot be applied to previously purchased tickets nor combined with any other promotional offer.
- In the case of a discrepancy between information provided during a reservation and information saved in the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal box office’s central system or any other ticket sales system, the latter will be deemed as the only information that is accurate and valid.
- 34-and-under and 17-and-under ticket holders must meet the respective age of criteria on the concert date. 34-and-under and 17-and-under subscribers must meet the respective age of criteria on September 1 of the current season.
- The Orchestre symphonique de Montréal reserves the right to request identification at any time for all 34-and-under and 17-and-under tickets.
- The student discount offering is subject to seat availability one week before the concert. Tickets must be purchased at the service desk with a valid student card. Limit of one ticket per student.
- The OSM ticket holder waives any claim which might arise from the recording and distribution of their image within the Maison symphonique de Montréal.
- Clients must carefully review the concert information, program, title, date, and ticket category BEFORE proceeding with the purchase. No refunds are possible once the order has been processed.
- Featured artists, repertoire, dates, and times are subject to change without prior notice.
- A ticket is deemed invalid if a sworn complaint of theft is made with respect thereto to the police station. A ticket and any rights related to or arising from it may not be assigned, resold, or transferred, with or without consideration, in any commercial or promotional capacity without the express prior written consent of the ticket issuer and promoter. It is forbidden to falsify or resell tickets.
- The Orchestre symphonique de Montréal reserves the right to cancel a ticket and the transaction made in respect thereto in the event that the price of the ticket is inaccurate due to a technical failure of the website, a human error, or any other cause.
Purchases made with gift certificate
- Gift certificates issued after June 2012 may be redeemed online, by telephone, or in person.
- Place des Arts and OSM gift certificates issued before June 2012 may only be redeemed in person.
- OSM gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
- OSM gift certificates do not expire.
- The OSM’s ticket exchange policy may vary depending on the concert producer and the content of the event.
- When available, exchanges are accepted up to 24 hours before the concert, by phone or in person.
- No exchange is possible after this period.
- An exchange fee of $10 per ticket (plus taxes) will apply.
- There is no exchange fee for the current season’s subscribers.
- Within 24 hours of the concert, customer service offers reprinting and counter delivery at no charge.
- Exchanges are only possible for concerts in the same season (from September 1 to August 31). Exchanges are conditional on concert availability.
- Any credit resulting from an exchange may only be used to purchase tickets for a concert in the same season (from September 1 to August 31). Credit is non-refundable.
- Only subscribers may receive credit for a ticket’s full value.
- Any purchase using credit must be made by telephone or in person. Credit cannot be retroactively applied following a purchase made on the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal or Place des Arts websites.
- In the event a concert is cancelled, ticket holders are invited to contact OSM Customer Service for information on proposed compensatory measures, such as ticket refunds.
- Concerts will not be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, except in extreme cases.
- Handling fees and delivery periods apply to all purchases and are as follows:
- By e-mail – no charge: immediate delivery to the purchaser’s e-mail address. The purchaser must present a printed version of their ticket included in the PDF file attached to the e-mail.
- By mail – $5 (plus taxes): delivery within 10 business days. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the delivery information is accurate and complete. All changes must be communicated to Customer Service.
- At the service desk – $7 (plus taxes): available at the OSM service desk for pick-up one business day after purchase, up to 30 minutes after the start of the first concert.
- Onsite purchase – no charge: purchase and immediate pick-up at the OSM service desk during business hours.
- Other delivery methods may apply according to the products purchased.
Before, after, and during the concert
- Only ticket holders will be admitted into the hall.
- The doors of the Maison symphonique open one hour before the start of the concert. Times may vary in the event of preconcerts.
- Once the concert has started, latecomers will only be admitted during intermission. For concerts without intermission, latecomers cannot be admitted.
- The Maison symphonique ushers reserve the right to assign latecomers to different seats.
- Out of respect for the artists, latecomers or those who momentarily leave the hall during the performance will be reassigned to the nearest seat at the appropriate moment.
- No refunds or exchanges are possible for latecomers.
- It is forbidden to photograph, film, or record the performances in any way.
- Maison symphonique employees may ask any disruptive client to leave the hall at any time; their tickets will not be exchanged or refunded.
- The OSM’s concerts are not recommended for children under the age of 5. Nonetheless, parents wishing to bring children under the age of 5 must purchase children’s tickets. Maison symphonique employees may ask a parent whose child is disrupting the performance to leave the hall at any time; their tickets will not be exchanged or refunded.
- Clients must carefully review the name of the show, the date, and the ticket category BEFORE proceeding with a purchase. Once an order has been processed, there can be NO REFUND, OR CANCELLATION. Programming, casts, dates, and times of shows and webcasts are subject to change without notice.
- The webcasts can be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the beginning of the broadcast period
- Every webcast ticket will be sold and delivered by internet at the email address of the purchaser and will include a hyperlink that will give access to one screening of the webcast, which may be viewed at will during the broadcast period.
- The OSM provides a hyperlink to the webcast of a show that may be activated on a mobile phone, a tablet, a computer or a television with a web search engine. The OSM cannot guarantee that the hyperlink to a webcast will function properly if the client duplicates the content of a show opened on an electronic device on a television or another device (“casting”) and will not be liable for such malfunction in such circumstances.
- The OSM may offer a chat, service and/or technical support during part or the entire webcast in order to allow clients to exchange electronic messages with artists and/or technical support specialists. The OSM in this capacity may moderate and supervise such exchanges. A client that posts messages which are deemed to be defamatory, sexist or inappropriate may have his access to these services removed without prior notice.
To leave a comment about your OSM experience, you can contact an agent by telephone at 514-842-9951 or 1-888-842-9951 or by e-mail at [email protected].